On Wednesday evening we hosted our annual property seminar in association with the National Landlords Association (NLA), with the key theme being ‘Your Money’. The seminar took place at the prestigious Institute of Directors, with 300 landlords, NLA members and Portico clients congregating for the evening. It was a fantastic event, with industry experts discussing some pertinent property topics:
- An up-to-date policy and regulatory round-up
- An annual review of the state of the capital’s property market, and the latest high-yielding property hotspots
- Mitigating Section 24 changes and making landlords’ money work harder
- How to get the best mortgage
- How to flourish in the new tax regime
If you didn’t manage to make it to the event – or, if you did but would like a recap on some of the data and information highlighted on the evening – you’re in luck! Here we’ve compiled the presentations given by each of the industry experts on the night. We'll also be writing out the talks over the next week or so, to give you the information in a little more detail.
1. Policy Summary | Meera Chindooray (NLA)
Here, Meera Chindooray from the NLA gives an insightful overview of the kind of policies that landlords across Britain can anticipate seeing in the coming months, and years, potentially.
(It should be noted that due to the fact we’re in the middle of a general election, ultimately the nature of what comes next will depend on who is elected on the 12th December.)
2. The State of the London Market | Vatche Cherchian, Portico
Vatche Cherchian, Portico’s Regional Director, gives us a thorough and interesting update on the London property market, from what’s really going on with London house prices and transactional volumes, to up-and-coming property hotspots.
The property expert also reveals a series of rental yield maps, revealing the over-performing areas that landlords should have on their radar.