A well presented three bedroom mid terraced brick fronted Victorian property which has undergone some recent refurbishment and retaining numerous attractive original features. First floor new three piece family bathroom and the property has been redecorated throughout. Ground floor cloakroom. Located in the sought after area of Central park the property has two further spacious reception rooms. Fitted kitchen which leads out to a secluded paved garden in excess of 30ft.
The property is ideally located as is close to transport links and is within close proximity to Upton Park and East Ham tube station which are on the District and Hammersmith lines enabling access to the city in less than 20 minutes. Buses frequently run from Barking road and road links to the A406 and A13 are close by giving quick and easy links to the city and Docklands or out to Essex and beyond.
With this being an ideal family home schooling can be a priority and you are located for easy access to both primary and secondary schools many of which have excellent Ofsted rating. The house is located moments away from the local park and all other amenities.
A settlement in the area named Ham is first recorded as Hamme in an Anglo-Saxon charter of 958 and then in the 1086 Domesday Book as Hame. It is formed from Old English 'hamm' and means 'a dry area of land between rivers or marshland', referring the location of the settlement within boundaries formed by the rivers Lea, Thames and Roding and their marshes.
In 1859 East Ham railway station opened and, although in 1863 the area was still being described as a "scattered village" the availability of transport resulted in increasing urbanisation, especially from 1890 onwards. The electric services of the District Railway first served East Ham in 1908.
Housing in East Ham consists principally of Victorian and Edwardian terraced town houses, often in tree-lined avenues.
There are many green spaces in the otherwise bustling and urbanised area of East Ham. The graveyard of the Norman St Mary's church, is maintained as a nature reserve, the largest of its kind in Greater London. Central Park (Central Park Road) and Plashet Park (Plashet Grove) are the two largest parks in East Ham, and both combine open space with playgrounds and cafés. There are also smaller play areas and parks, including Priory Park (Grangewood Street) and Flanders Field, where England football captain Bobby Moore played as a child during the late 1940s and early 1950s. Flanders Fields is currently the home ground of Flanders FC and other is used by Bonny Downs Community Association (BDCA) and other community groups.