** Available 3rd November ** 'A three/four bedroom mid terraced house which has two reception rooms and a modern fitted kitchen to the rear leading to the conservatory. Can be used as a four bedroom property. Completely recently refurbished. Good size garden and a first floor modern bathroom. Quiet residential street and close to all local amenities and excellent transport links. Easy access to Ilford or Barking town centre. Property comes unfurnished and available 3rd November.
Ilford is a large commuter town and suburban area in London, England, located 9.1 miles (14.6 km) east of Charing Cross. Ilford Town is also the administrative centre of the London Borough of Redbridge. Identified as a metropolitan centre in the London Plan, Ilford is classed as a significant commercial and retail centre for the wider south east of England.
Ilford 's significant commercial and retail centre is surrounded by extensive residential development. Historically a small rural settlement in southwest Essex, its strategic position on the River Roding and the London to Colchester road caused it to develop as a coaching town. The arrival of the railway in 1839 eventually accelerated that growth and as part of the suburban growth of London in the 20th century, Ilford significantly expanded and increased in population, becoming a municipal borough in 1926. Since 1965 it has formed part of Greater London.
Ilford makes up part of the IG postcode area. Adjacent to Ilford; to the west of Ilford Hill and the North Circular Road, is the E postcode area.
The population of Ilford, comprising the wards of Aldborough Hatch, Barkingside, Cranbrook, Clementswood, Gants Hill, Goodmayes, Loxford, Mayfield[disambiguation needed], Newbury Park, Seven Kings, and Valentines was 168,168 in the 2011 census.
To the west of the town is Stratford and the West End, east is Romford, north is Epping Forest and south is Barking.
John Logie Baird, who invented the television, moved to Ilford in the mid to late 1920s to work on his new invention. He worked in a workshop on the roof of the Plessey premises in Ley Street, which has long since been demolished to make way for new housing.
An unspecified venue in Ilford was used for a cricket match in August 1737 between Essex and London. It is the earliest known organised match definitely played in Essex.
Ilford Cricket Club plays home games at Valentines Park. This ground was opened in 1897. It was used regularly by Essex County Cricket Club, but inadequate maintenance meant that the county stopped playing there after 2001.
Ilford has two Non-League football clubs Ilford F.C. and Waltham Forest F.C. who both play at the Cricklefield Stadium.
' Council Tax Band: D