A probate valuation determines the value of assets at the time of a person’s death, agreed with HM Revenue and Customs for the purposes of calculating inheritance tax.
Selling a probate property can be a stressful and emotional time. You will want to sell the property efficiently and for the best possible price, which is why many choose to sell by auction.
Our sister company First for Auctions probate services are designed to sensitively support you through the legal and practical matters associated with selling property after a bereavement.
They can provide:
- Regular security visits - We will take care of your property during the viewing process, checking it regularly from a security perspective and accompanying every viewing. This is especially useful if you don’t live close to the probate property you’re selling.
- Advice on the best way to sell your probate property - After we’ve seen your property and discussed your requirements, we will offer advice on the most effective selling method for your property. This could be via a traditional route, or at one of our popular property auctions.
- Probate valuation - It’s important to obtain an accurate valuation. This will ensure you know the correct open market valuation of the property on the date of death. Depending on the value of the total value of the estate you may require a RICS valuation, which we can also arrange for you.
- Liaison with your solicitors - The legal, tax and administrative processes involved in dealing with an estate can be complex and add additional strain during an already stressful time. We remove that stress by dealing directly with the solicitors of all parties involved to assure a swift and successful sale.
- Removal of unwanted possessions - We also organise any essential property and garden repair or maintenance on your behalf, and can even help you remove unwanted furniture or possessions.
If you’re looking to sell a probate property at auction, First for Auctions team of experts will make the experience as stress-free as possible. Please contact the team or request a valuation.
Do you have a question for our experts?
We are able to give you expert advice on a case by case basis. Complete the form and a local expert will be in touch.