A recently refurbished three bedroom mid terraced brick fronted Victorian house which is located in a prime and sought after location. The property has a spacious through lounge which leads to a separate kitchen/diner area. Ground floor cloakroom with first floor three piece modern family bathroom. Located close to all local amenities. Offered chain free.
The first known written use of the term, as 'Hamme', is in an Anglo-Saxon charter of 958, in which King Edgar granted the land to Ealdorman Athelstan. The territory was undivided at that time, A subsequent charter on 1037 describes a transfer of land which has been identified with East Ham, indicating that the first division of the territory occurred between 958 and 1037.
The place name derives from Old English 'hamm' and means 'a dry area of land between rivers or marshland', referring to the location of the settlement within boundaries formed by the rivers Lea, Thames and Roding and their marshes. North Woolwich seems likely to have been removed from Ham in the aftermath of the Norman Conquest.
The earliest recorded use of the name East Ham, as distinct from Ham or West Ham, is in 1204 as EstHam; the terms East and West Ham applying to Ancient parishes in place by the end of the 12th century.
In 1859 East Ham railway station opened and, although in 1863 the area was still being described as a "scattered village" the availability of transport resulted in increasing urbanisation, especially from 1890 onwards.The electric services of the District Railway first served East Ham in 1908.